Time changes this coming Sunday (14 Mar 2010). . .with the extra hour of sunlight, we resume our weekly rides in (mostly) daylight. . .
My 2 cts. real briefly:
• If you show at a posted ride, you are acknowledging that you intend to do the ride posted. . .If you have other needs, post an alternative instead of disrupting the posted ride, please. . .
• DST rides get pretty big so we must be careful as groups ALWAYS to obey traffic laws and just practice good safety. . .Honor the safety of yourself, your fellow cyclists, and motorists. . .
• If you have anything to do other than riding (chatting, taking off extra clothing, finding food to eat in your pocket, etc.), please move carefully to the back of the pack and take care of business. . .If you have a flat or mechanical, let the group know. . .If you hear anything from the back of the pack, please pass it up until we know the front riders know!
• Know the routes (I am posting as many on my blog as I can: [ http://bicyclelust.blogspot.com/ ]http://bicyclelust.blogspot.com/; let me know if you want a route added), carry a phone, and be prepared. . .
• Watch for emails, give some respect and appreciation to our ride leaders. . .We have a schedule but any ride can change (start times, places, etc) at the discretion of the leader (weather, etc). . .Rides may start before 6 pm until daylight extends so watch for details, but most should move to a 6 pm start when possible. . .
• Andersons will be leading a C/B ride. . . (beginner and recovery paces)
• Donaldson (race intense)
• Richard White will lead a ride; see his weekly email (high-intensity training, regrouping)
• Madeline's climbing ride, leaving from Landrum (challenging climbing ride, riders can push as hard as they wish, regroups)
• Anderson Phat Boyz Ride is moving to TUES (moderate ride determined by group)
• BikeOn, 18+ pace, see Matt's emails
• Buddy's ride is moving to WED, leaving from the downtown area (moderate/recovery-ish pace, regroup if needed, but planning not to need it)
• Scott Sisk is moving to WED, leaving form the north side of town (moderate pace, regrouping)
• Ralph's "the ride formerly known as 'Cancun'" moves to THURS with three options A, B, C (A= high-intensity with some regrouping, but not guaranteed; B= hard efforts but more dedicated to regrouping; C= moderate to low intensity with a more casual attitude, should hold group together throughout ride); as Ralph noted in his recent email, the first THURS ride is from Bronco/ Blackstock (westside) @ 5:45 along our old Cancun route (on my blog). . .
• BikeOn, two groups, see Matt's emails
• eRide, see email from Richard White
• RideOn, see email from Matt
IF ANY RIDE LEADERS OR OTHERS SEE ANY ERRORS HERE, GIVE ME A SHOUT. . .IF ANYONE PLANS TO POST A STANDING RIDE I DIDN'T LIST, ALSO YELL. . .
I AM SENDING THIS ONLY AS HELP AND AM NOT MAKING ANY OFFICIAL CLAIMS. . .BUT YOU ARE FREE TO GRIPE AT ME AT YOUR LEISURE IF YOU LIKE. . .
Looking forward to our DST riding. . .